- The Virginia Department of Aviation promotes Virginia's airports, markets aviation, and seeks to project a positive image of the air transportation system throughout the Commonwealth. Financial and technical assistance is also provided through the Communications and Education Division to Virginia's airports to help support their public relations, advertising, and marketing programs.
- Aviation education and aviation awareness programs are taking place throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia for the benefit of citizens of all ages. The Virginia Department of Aviation manages the Virginia level of the International Aviation Art Contest, offers teachers grants, and administers two scholarships for high school seniors.
Virginia Aviation Photography Contest - This contest is open to all ages and encourages participants to submit photographs of aviation-related activities in Virginia. Winners will receive recognition and the photographs will be used to promote aviation in the Commonwealth.
- Virginia Airport Directory - This booklet provides information, including airport layout diagrams, for each of Virginia's public-use airports.
- Virginia Aeronautical Chart - This planning chart, which utilizes the same scale and symbology as an FAA Sectional Chart, provides a rendering of the state of Virginia on one site of the chart and useful airport and travel information on the back.
- DOAV News -This newsletter keeps the reader up-to-date on news relating to aviation in the Commonwealth.
- Aviation Awards -
- 2012 Virginia Aviation Calendar - The calendar includes photographs from the Virginia Aviation Photography Contest and the art of Virginia winners of the International Aviation Art Contest. In addition, important aviation historical dates are noted each month.
- Virginia Aviation Board meets, allocates funds to state airports and recognizes aviation pioneers (02/26/2013)
- Women in Aviation Event Will Introduce Flight to Girls and Women in Virginia (01/24/2013)
- Virginia Volunteer Pilots Group Flies First Mission (11/02/2012)
- Virginia Department of Aviation Returns to NBAA Annual Meeting and Convention (10/26/2012)
- Virginia Flight School Receives Award (10/12/2012)
- New Director of Flight Operations and Safety Selected (10/04/2012)
- Virginia Department of Aviation and AOPA Foundation Air Safety Institute present Fall Safety Seminars (10/04/2012)
- Virginia Department of Aviation Announces Fall Fly-In and Air Show Calendar for Virginia's Airports (10/04/2012)
To order copies of publications please call (804) 236-3624 or send an e-mail.